1) Have a dose of omega 3 in your daily diet, whether that’s from oily fish or chia, flax, or sunflower seeds. Studies have shown that omega 3 fatty acids improve mood. If you really can’t get this in your diet, consider a supplement.
2) Get moving. Research shows that exercise can be just as effective as antidepressants such as sertraline. Looking for something free, check out YouTube.
3) Spice it up. Both turmeric and saffron ae known for their natural antidepressant activity.
4) Get some tryptophan in your diet daily! The amino acid tryptophan, which the body uses to make 5-HTP, can be found in turkey, chicken, milk, potatoes, pumpkin, sunflower seeds, turnip and collard greens, and seaweed. If these foods aren’t your thing, try tofu, which had tryptophan too.
5) Get some natural sunshine. There’s nothing like some natural vitamin D to boost your mood. Midday sun for 20 minutes is your optimal way to get the maximum benefits, and just think, if you can get a little exercise too, you can get 2 out of the 5 ways ticked.